Shirt woes.

by - February 12, 2019

For the past two weeks (??), I don't know I've lost track of the days. There were two snow days and my patience is been quite thin this week. I'm also quite a grump when I can't settle a plan of attack in my head to sort things out.

Here's where I am with my shirt pattern.

I cut the pattern an XL because my waist fit that measurement the best. Then I assumed I would have trimmed down the top and hips, but no! I did a simple bust adjustment.



(Note my children playing in the dog crate)



My first cut of the pattern as is. 



It was too big in the chest area and I knew it would be loose 
but this was too loose, so I played around with (ugly) darts. 






Really it was simple. Added a dart. Mind you this has been a LOT of trial and error. I'm on my second muslin and I will do a third before I touch my fabric. These past two weeks I've taught myself how to do the FBA, add the darts and adjust them ( as one breast is about a cup size larger maybe slightly less) because I did NOT get them right at first. Then I sewed a wonky collar and added a sleeve and that's where I currently am.



















Currently the shirt is on hold because I'm finding it increasingly frustrating. Since then I've completed a lovely skirt that I will have to upload and hopefully wear for Valentine's Day with my husband!






You May Also Like

0 comments