Beginner, again

by - January 23, 2019

Beginning Sewing after a long hiatus [having babies!] and hoping to create my own wardrobe. I always have big aspirations and expect perfection from myself. I'm also a completionist and hate to leave a task unfinished but I find that rushing creates so many problems. My motto is: Slow Progress Is Still Progress.

I'm hoping that I can bring together some information for others who want to sew a wardrobe or quilt. Usually you see fancy Insta-worthy things and not so much the failures but I'm all about real life. Plus it's always a bonus to reflect on where you began.


Most current failure:











All was going decent but I'd started by cutting only one on the fold and so I had to make some adjustments as I went (typical!) and cut 2 others not on the fold and then sewed them together to make it similarly cut. So I had fixed it, but then....I realized that the invisible zipper I had most awesomely sewed (my very first invisible zipper!!) was in the wrong place. Then upon trying to remove it and "fix" it, I ended up making a massive rip. So...a whole day wasted and the fabric set aside for quilting project. This fabric is 2.5 yards from Walmart. 

You May Also Like

0 comments